Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Importance of Spyware Blockers

Spyware blockers should be a mandatory part of your computer system. I know first hand how important it is to have some sort of anti spyware program on your computer. I would like to share my story of why I am an advocate for spyware detection and prevention programs. Here's my story:

I used to have a Dell Computer and stored the majority of my pictures, class work and paid software on that laptop. I did not have any anti-virus or malware protection programs installed as I thought it was not an immediate necessity. I'm not sure what happened, but after my friend used my computer, my computer started to act funny. I was getting pop up ads without browsing the internet and I was getting pop-up messages in my start menu stating that malware was detected on my computer and that it needed immediate attention.

I got these types of message before in my start menu and thought it was the Windows Defender program warning me that I didn't have an anti-virus software installed on my computer. I went by my business, but my computer started to get really slow and browsing the internet was a pain in the butt because I always had to exit pop-up ads every few seconds. Even though my anti-pop-up blocker was on, I would continuously get ads about "free spyware scans" and warnings that spyware was detected on my computer.

A few days later when I turned on my computer, my desktop background had a "warning spyware detected" embedded right into the desktop wallpaper! I was floored and scared that someone hacked into my system. Suddenly, there were so many pop-ups on my screen that I couldn't even open any programs. I tried to restart my computer and run it in safe mode, but the spyware had effectively ruined my computer to the point where I could not do anything without having a spyware bomb flood my desktop with warning message.

I ended up having to reinstall a clean copy of Windows XP, which would have been fine, but I had no way to recover all of the information on my computer as my computer could not function. Needless to say, I lost all of my pictures, paid for software, music and school work. I was completely floored because I thought this would never happen to me. The thing that pissed me off the most was all of the memories I lost because I did not back-up my data.

If this story sounds similar to you, trust me, I feel your pain. I have created this website to share with the public about all information that is related to spyware, malware and adware. I do not want other people to experience what I had to go through. Spyware blockers should be installed on your computer and I will show you everything you need to know to be protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment